es·tate ('iˈstāt) n. all the money and property owned by a particular person, especially at death
plan (plan) n. definition: decide on and arrange in advance.
what is Orlando estate planning?
Protect Your Legacy.
Estate planning is one of the most important steps you will take to make sure that your final wishes are honored upon death or in the event of your incapacity, and that loved ones are provided for in your absence. Estate planning is often overlooked and ignored or many think it is meant only for the wealthy, but regardless of your age, or the size and complexity of your assets, an estate plan can answer many legal questions and avoid conflict between family, upon your death or incapacity.
One of the advantages of Estate Planning is that you determine and control the distribution of your estate. Your 'estate' is all assets owned by you at the time of death including bank accounts, real estate, interests in business (if you own a business), stock and securities, life insurance policies, retirement and investment accounts, along with personal property such as cars, jewelry, artwork, firearms, wine collections, etc.
THE MANY BENEFITS OF Orlando ESTATE PLANNING:
- Determine the life-prolonging medical care you wish to receive in the event you are unable to make that decision when the time comes.
- Set forth the kind of funeral arrangements you would like, and how related expenses are to be paid.
- Avoid probate and the time and costs associated with the court process.
- Minimize the amount of estate taxes.
- Identify the family members and other loved ones that you wish to receive your property after your death.
- Protect your minor children by appointing a guardian and when and how much they receive after your death
Understanding the estate plan options that are right for you can be a complex task. An experienced estate planning attorney can explain all options available for your and guide you at every step of the process. Whether you need to revise an existing Last Will or create a brand new comprehensive estate plan, Paula Montoya Law will ensure that you meet your estate planning goals and protect your legacy by giving you an honest approach, clear strategies and smart advice.
Estate Planning services in orlando provided by Paula Montoya Law:
- Last Will and Testament
- Durable Power of Attorney
- Living Will
- Health Care Surrogate
- Pre-need Guardian
- Life Estate Deed
- Pre-nuptial Agreement
- Post-nuptial Agreement
- Revocable Living Trust
- Irrevocable Trust
- Pet Trust
- Qualified Domestic Trust (QDOT) for International Clients
- Special Needs Trust
- Strategies to minimize or eliminate the estate tax