im·mi·gra·tion /iməˈɡrāSH(ə)n/ the action of coming to live permanently in a foreign country




Because You Dream of a Better Future.

Honest Approach

Clear Strategies

Smart Advice

At Paula Montoya Law, you will have the benefit of working with an attorney who has real life experience with the same types of challenges that you now face in the journey to a green card. Attorney Paula Ferreira Montoya immigrated to the United States from Brazil when she was a child and is also fluent in both Portuguese and Spanish, which makes it possible for our law firm to serve many of our clients in their native language. Given our experience in other areas of law, we also provide legal support in your estate planning or in business and real estate matters that come up based on your immigration status in the United States.

We can assist you in every step of your immigration process, whether you want to obtain a temporary visa, or apply for your green card or citizenship. Paula Montoya Law helps you understand the many Orlando immigration legal options for you and your family, the difference between non-immigrant v. immigrant, status v. visas, and she also has over 10 years of practical experience in immigration law.

Orlando IMMIGRATION services provided by PAULA MONTOYA LAW:



  • E-2 - Treaty Investors

An E-2 visa is a non-immigrant visa reserved for investors from countries that have commerce and navigation treaties or bi-lateral investment treaties with the United States, who have invested substantial capital in a U.S. company and who wish to come to the United States to develop and direct business operations of the enterprise.

  • EB-5 - Employment Creation Investors (Direct Investment and Regional Centers)

This visa is reserved for foreign nationals who wish to invest in the U.S. economy by having invested capital in a commercial enterprise in an amount not less than generally $1,000,000, but as low as $500,000 in certain geographical areas. It must be an investment that will create full-time employment for not fewer than 10 U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents.



  • Business Executives and Managers (L-1A, L-1B, EB-1)

This visa is reserved for multinational executives and managers that are intra-company transferees to be employed temporarily or eventually permanently by U.S. businesses and that have a parent, subsidiary, or affiliate business abroad.

  • Individuals of Extraordinary Ability (O-1, EB-1)

This category is reserved for foreign nationals who have extraordinary abilities in the arts, sciences, education, business, or athletics, which has been demonstrated by sustained national and international acclaim. 



  • Marriage to U.S. Citizen Spouse

Marriage to a U.S. citizen spouse allows the citizen to file a petition on behalf of the foreign national spouse for a green card based on their marriage. Based on the United States Supreme Court's most recent decision favoring same-sex marriages, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service is now also accepting petitions on behalf of married same-sex couples.



A pre-nuptial agreement can protect your assets and finances in the event of a divorce and determine inheritance rights in the event of the death of a spouse. Many try to prepare their own pre-nuptial agreements and often these agreements are held invalid by the court for failure to meet certain procedures the document requires. Paula Montoya Law will ensure your pre-nuptial agreement is effective under Florida law to protect your assets in order for you and your spouse to begin the marriage journey with clarity. A post-nuptial agreement can be prepared after marriage has taken place. Contact pre-nuptial Attorney Paula Montoya to schedule an appointment.

  • Relatives of a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident

U.S. Citizens may petition for the green card of their relatives including minor and adult children, parents, siblings, based on their family relationship. Green card holders may petition to benefit their spouses and children.



Naturalization is the process by which a foreign national may gain U.S. citizenship. Generally, the foreign national must first have become a permanent resident and must have maintained permanent status for five continuous years before applying for naturalization, or three years for permanent residents who are married to U.S. citizens. 



Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either a non-immigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. The "visitor" visa is a non-immigrant visa for persons desiring to enter the United States temporarily for business (B-1), for pleasure or medical treatment (B-2).



The F-1 visa allows one to enter and remain the United States for academic or language studies. This visa permits the holder to enter the U.S. for the duration of status given by the school, allowing the person to stay for as long as he or she is a full-time student. The F-1 also allows the academic student to bring a spouse or other dependent under an F-2.