in·ter·na·tion·al (in(t)ərˈnaSH(ə)n(ə)l) adj. used by people of many nations.
es·tate ('iˈstāt) n. all the money and property owned by a particular person, especially at death
plan (plan) n. decide on and arrange in advance.
Protect Your Legacy
WHAT IS INTERNATIONAL ESTATE PLANNING?
International Estate Planning is one of the most important steps you will take to protect your investments in the United States and make sure that your final wishes are honored upon death or in the event of your incapacity.
Paula Montoya Law is one of the very few law firms in Orlando providing International Estate Planning services with an attorney that can communicate in the client’s native language. Paula Ferreira Montoya is herself an immigrant, having come to the United States from Brazil with her family when she was a child. Fluent in both Portuguese and Spanish, Paula can consult with our firm's international clients in their native language, which makes it easier for them to discuss their concerns and to understand their legal options. Our advanced experience and knowledge in Immigration Law is another advantage we give to our clients when discussing Estate Planning. With the increased population and investment growth coming from South America to Florida, specially Orlando, our clients benefit from Paula Ferreira Montoya’s multilingual fluency and our firm’s international perspective.
the benefits of international estate planning:
- Identify the family members and other loved ones that you wish to receive your property after your death, even if they are out of the country.
- Determine the life-prolonging medical care you wish to receive in the event you are in the United States and unable to make that decision when the time comes.
- Avoid probate in the United States and the time and costs associated with the court process.
- Minimize the high amount of estate taxes since foreign nationals only have a $60,000 exemption from the estate tax of 40%.
- Protect your minor children by appointing a guardian and when and how much they receive after your death
Understanding the estate plan options that are right for you can be a complex task. An experienced estate planning attorney can explain all options available for your and guide you at every step of the process. Whether you need to revise an existing Last Will or create a brand new comprehensive estate plan, Paula Montoya Law will ensure that you meet your estate planning goals and protect your legacy by giving you an honest approach, clear strategies and smart advice.
orlando Estate Planning services provided by Paula Montoya Law:
- Last Will and Testament
- Durable Power of Attorney
- Living Will
- Health Care Surrogate
- Pre-need Guardian
- Life Estate Deed
- Pre-nuptial Agreement
- Post-nuptial Agreement
- Revocable Living Trust
- Irrevocable Trust
- Pet Trust
- Qualified Domestic Trust (QDOT) for International Clients
- Special Needs Trust
- Strategies to minimize or eliminate the estate tax